There are many different ways you can use food to your benefit to shrink belly fat and promote weight loss for your healthy lifestyle.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. You will flush out the extra sodium from water retention in your body to ensure you’re not bloated.
- Switch your morning snack to one 100 calorie almond pack and a small apple.
- Eat whole grain OR pasta plus with added protein and fiber for your healthy diet. Fiber removes LDL cholesterol from the body.
- Drink more milk. Calcium helps to break down fat and stops it from forming. Check out our weight loss blog on milk to see which kind is best for your weight loss diet.
- Drink more green tea (recent research shows that catechins may also affect body fat accumulation).
Researchers recently looked at the effects of catechins on body fat reduction and weight loss in a group of men with almost the same BMI and waist sizes. The men were divided into two groups. For three months, one group drank black tea and the other group drank green tea. During the time of the study, the men consumed identical diets. Over the three month period, the study found that the men who drank green tea lost almost 3 pounds more than those who drank black tea. The green tea group also saw significant decreases in BMI, waist size and total body fat.
Try drinking a cup of green tea with every meal and before bedtime. You can also opt for caffeine free green tea which also has the same benefits to promote a healthy lifestyle and fight childhood obesity.
Written by Adrienne Pellechia, Nutritionist at Camp Shane weight loss camp for children