Weight Loss Support and Guidance
BUILDING SELF-ESTEEM AND
CREATING A CARING CAMP FOR WEIGHT LOSS SUPPORT
Because How Kids Feel Is As Important As They Look
- Our experts blend in with the non-stop fun atmosphere that is 100% Camp – and 1,000% CAMP SHANE!
- Our campers return home very different people – trading unwanted pounds for priceless helpings of self-esteem. (We dish out unlimited quantities daily!)
- Our Guidance Counselors help campers clarify their own important values and discover their own self-worth, through one-on-one sessions and self esteem activities
- This is our own unique program, invented right here at Camp Shane.
- Our years of experience has taught us that there can be other issues with self esteem in children besides poor eating habits that contribute to a weight problem. We use the Guidance Program to not only provide weight loss support, but help your child feel better about him or herself.
- No person is defined merely as a physical presence; learning to love yourself is really about self-image – and we work on that, too.
- We help campers take pride in their own individuality, to accept both strengths and weaknesses, and to recognize that nobody is perfect. We help campers to set realistic goals, to develop their own abilities, to practice self-encouragement, and to take great joy and pride in their achievements. We fill camp with “put-ups,” not “put-downs.”
Guidance Counselors, in addition to our Head Counselors and Parent Liaisons, communicate frequently with parents. If your child is having difficulty adjusting, he or she will talk to our warm, helpful staff to assist them. If appropriate, our staff will reach out to speak to you, the parent. In addition, if you have questions or concerns, our Guidance staff will talk to your child and you to make sure everything is going as well as we all expect.
SELF ESTEEM ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
Creating a Caring Camp
Bunk Meetings, where campers discuss issues like getting along well together, setting rules, sharing tasks, working together and including everyone in activities. It’s all about creating a caring camp.
Building Self Esteem in Children
One-on-one conversations, where any camper who feels the need can spend time talking about anything of concern, getting some advice or simply getting close. Everyone at camp feels they gain a lot from this program.
Small group “Rap” sessions, where we use Camp Shane-developed curriculum, developed with input from leading child Psychologists, to provide specific methods for children to change their own lives long after camp has ended.