Joanna Dolgoff. M.D.
DDr. Dolgoff is a Pediatrician, child Obesity specialist, Official Spokesperson and Board Certified Fellow for the American Academy of Pediatrics, and Author of Red Light, Green Light, Eat Right (Rodale, 2010). Dr. Dolgoff has been featured on The Today Show, The Early Show, Nightline, CNN and MSNBC, She is an Official Blogger for the Huffington Post and Lifetime Television. Children and teens from 46 different states and 4 countries have lost weight with her online weight loss program.
Obesity Medical Evaluation
Each camper at Camp Shane New York will meet with Dr. Dolgoff on an individual basis.
- Dr. Dolgoff will review your child's medical history and conduct a physical exam to look for medical causes of weight gain.
- Three week campers will have two doctor visits. six and nine week campers will have three doctor visits
- The exam will identity any medical problems resulting from being overweight.
- Metabolism breath testing will calculate the maximum number of calories yout child should eat to achieve a healthy weight.
- Pulmonary breath testing will determine your child's exercise capacity.
- Your child's pediatrician will be asked to order blood tests.
- Dr. Dolgoff will review the lab work and write a consult letter to the pediatrician.
- Dr. Dolgoff will follow up any relevant medical concerns.
- A personalized nutrition plan will be created for your child to use after camp.
- Service will be billed to your insurance company.
FOLLOW-UP AFTER CAMP
Dr. Dolgoff Will Help Your Child Keep The Weight Off!
FREE Online Introductory Program for All Campers
- KIds Choose: Kids will learn to make nutritious choices on their own,which will lead to a lifetime of healthy eating.
- Perfect for the Whole Family: This plan accomodates the full spectrum of eaters,so whether you are normal weight, overweight,or a picky eater,anybody can follow the plan!
- Individualized program plan - Online food journal
- BMI and weight tracker - Unlimited database access
- Weekly nutrition lessons - Sample meal and snacks ideas
- Recipe updates weekly
- First month and sign up fee FREE for current Camp Shane campers
- Second month membership: Each additional monthly
- mambership costs $14.95
- Three month saving plan: Three additional months cost $38.10(15% discount)