What we learned from helping kids lose weight since 1968
- How to run a safe and supervised Camp.
- How to create a Caring Camp.
- How to insure every camper is included in activities.
- How to insure every camper is feels comfortable at Camp.
- What to do when a camper has a problem.
- How to supervise, motivate and involve staff.
- How to guarantee consistently high standards.
- The need to insist on consistent and strictly observed standards.
The underlying philosophy that makes it happen
- Using positive reinforcement
- Listening – really listening – to each child
- Building a camper’s sense of self-worth
- Dealing effectively with negative behavior by reacting positively