Leigh Ettinger, MD
Camp Shane’s Medical Advisor
of Childhood Obesity
- Dr. Ettinger is an emerging expert on pediatric obesity.
- As a consultant to Camp Shane and a fan of our program, Dr. Ettinger is a trusted resource and adviser.
- Dr. Ettinger is a great resource to ensure that we consistently provide the best possible program to our campers.
Empowering Children and Families to Lead Healthy, Happy Lives
Dr. Ettinger is a pediatric nephrologist at the Hackensack University Medical Center & Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Ettinger has seen firsthand the effects of obesity on children’s health in his practice providing care to children with kidney disease and hypertension.
- Dr. Ettinger is dedicated to combating the pediatric obesity epidemic through his hospital’s weight loss management program, called Healthy Futures.
- Dr. Ettinger is currently obtaining his Board Certification in Obesity Medicine. With an interest in how nutrition affects chronic disease and a caring advocate of the many health benefits of plant-based diets, he earned a certificate in Plant Based Nutrition from eCornell.
- He is deeply committed to caring for children and has been a long time volunteer camp doctor at Camp Sunshine for children with chronic illnesses during its Nephrology/Organ Transplant week.
Dr. Ettinger lives in NYC with his wife and three children. He enjoys bicycling, swimming, and the outdoors. He regularly bikes from Manhattan to work at the Hackensack Medical Center in New Jersey!